Oxygen Therapy provides the participants with the knowledge and skills to correctly identify when it is necessary to administer supplemental oxygen. Participants will learn how to properly and safely handle and assemble the equipment and how to correctly deliver supplemental oxygen through the appropriate delivery device. Course can also be combined with Basic Life Support
This course is design for In-facility and health care providers (nursing, care aides, dental industry, medical offices etc.), pre-hospital care groups (fire departments, rescue teams, sports therapists, lifeguards, SCUBA divers, ski patrol, etc.).
- Stand-alone course – 1-2 hours
- Combined with BLS – 1 hour
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Oxygen Therapy (a digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
No recertification available for this course.
- Pulse oximetry
- Supplemental oxygen
- Oxygen cylinders
- Oxygen regulators
- Oxygen delivery devices
- Administering oxygen
- • Canadian Red Cross Basic Life Support Field Guide